The Advance encourages youth and young adult groups to Covenant with US-2 and Mission Intern missionaries. This relationship will allow youth and young adult groups to understand the value and importance of young adults in mission in the UMC. US-2s and Mission Interns spend 2-3 years engaging their faith by addressing systems of oppression throughout the world.
Through this relationship, youth and young adult groups can:
- Support the missionary through prayer, conversation and financial gifts
- Learn about mission opportunities for young adults in the UMC
- Learn about social justice issues and how the UMC responds
- Engage in “reverse” itineration by planning mission experiences to visit the young adult missionary
Through this relationship, the missionary can:
- Bridge the gap between local youth/young adult groups and the mission and ministry of the UMC
- Interface with the youth and young adult groups and share their stories through newsletters, blogs, emails, facebook, etc.
Establishing an Covenant Relationship with a Young Adult Missionary
- Establish an annual financial goal of $5 per member of the group or more.
- US-2s and Mission Interns are supported through broad ministry Advance numbers in honor of the missionary in which you would like to support. (For example, US-2 #982874, In honor of Jane Doe)
Go here to view a list of current US-2's and their biographies.
Go here to view a list of current Mission Interns and their biographies.
- Complete the Covenant Relationship form and submit it to The Advance, General Board of Global Ministries, to establish your partnership.
- Send financial support to: Your annual conference office, or Advance GCFA, PO Box 9068 GPO, New York, NY 10087-9068, or donate online now to the Mission Intern Program or US-2 Program.
- Communicate with and pray for your missionary partner.